Friday 28 February 2014

Creating Our Non-diegetic Soundtrack

I wrote and produced the piece of non-diegetic sound we would be using as a soundtrack. I did this by going to Langley Boys School and getting my friend David who studies music tech AS level to aid me in using the software. I used Logic which is a music writing and recording device. 

This whole process took me 3 lots of 2-3 hour sessions to finalize and convert to an MP3 to place onto my video. Here are some pictures, the first is from the second session and the second is from the third session. 

I spent the first day planning out roughly what I wanted. I inserted notes onto the video to show where I wanted the peaks to be. I then went about writing a small motif which would be repeated throughout. I then began recording.

The second session was spent mostly recording all the raw ideas, making sure they flowed together and I was happy with what I wanted, this took about 3 hours to create a rough draft.








I spent my final day polishing up everything and making sure the peaks in the music were lines up with the appropriate video. I also then added in some bird noises and other diegetic sounds. I finally double checked everything and then produced the file.
Here is our finished piece of music:


No comments:

Post a Comment